by Kesh Sandhu, @Keshsandhu, 15 May 2018
For those who are looking at building your own website, sometimes you can get a little engrossed in the area of your interest. For example if you are a creative designer, you may want to be focused on the design aspect of it. Whereas if you are a functional person, you may think of the architecture of your website without looking enough into design.
So here are 7 key principles of building a website, which should help guide you pay enough attention to each key area of importance when building or evaluating your website.
- Content Marketing is key to driving your website. New, fresh, relevant content – to drive your online marketing strategy
- Ensure that the customer journey is aligned with your planned Online Marketing Strategy
- Focus on content & utility over graphics
- Ensure that you conduct Usability Testing to gain insights for improvement and gauging.
- Tone of voice
- Buyer persona attention maintenance
- Optimal and responsive
- Architecture of information (primary, secondary / menus and submenus)
- Internal and External linking
- Seamless navigation, easy, clear, intuitive
- Leading the customer successfully through your Online Marketing Strategy
- Navigation filters
- Pictures, Charts, Videos
- Content, Forms, Applications / Widgets
- Online Chat
- Feedback (ratings, reviews, comments, forums, ask a question)
- Social Media
- Surveys and Polls
7. Visual Design
- Aesthetically attractive to the Buyer Personas identified in the Online Marketing Strategy
- Brand Corporate Identity
- White space helps readers scan and avoids overload
Here’s another take on it:
And catch the 22nd Annual Webby Awards to see who industry experts think are the best out there.
Like and follow for more updates on Digital Marketing Management.